2009/9/10 Marko Lindqvist <cazf...@gmail.com>:
> 2009/9/5 Marko Lindqvist <cazf...@gmail.com>:
>> Instead of just deciding everything among maintainers, I call all
>> developers to comment on how we approach 2.2 release.
>
>  ...and nobody commented. I'll add some comments of my own then.
>
>  Some things that need to be done before 2.2.0:
>
>  1) Starting position editing support to editor.
>      Book had plans for this and from the preliminary patches she
> already provided it is obvious that she was not only adding editor
> support for current startpos model, but was rewriting startpos
> completely to be more feature rich. If nobody continues that work,
> I'll take less ambitious route of least effort.

 I have patches for this, but cannot post them yet as they live on
computer currently lacking Internet connectivity.

>  2) Borders system needs some work.

 There has been no complaints after the changes I made. Assuming this
is now ok for 2.2.0-beta1 and further tweaks for 2.2.x are so small
that there's no need for new mandatory capabilities.

>  3) Selecting which military base to pillage

 Done

 4) Off-line events ( https://gna.org/patch/?1280 )

>> Ruleset format freeze:
>
>  Nobody commented that they have patches or plans for patches changing
> ruleset format. We can declare ruleset format frozen?

 When communicating with ruleset/modpack authors, I call ruleset
format frozen. Changes to ruleset format are allowed only for very
heavy reasons (fixing a bug requires it)

>> Network protocol freeze:
>> This means no more changes to mandatory part of capstring. Let me know
>> of any needs to change network protocol before 2.2 release.
>
>  Startpos code changes require protocol changes for sure, border
> system changes probably.

 My implementation of startpos changes does not require capstr changes
after all.

 Does offline events patch require capstr change? Ticket does not say
so, but compiler errors syntron is getting look suspicious.

 Fixing bug #13465 may require changes to capstr. It's easier, and
wiser, to postpone capstr freeze in S2_2 and make it part of mandatory
capability than to make it optional capability (as is required in
S2_1)

 - ML