To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 8:21 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Gamebooks was: Thoughts about new text adventures.

Hmm. I wonder if GameBooks are still being made today...
On Dec 10, 2008, at 11:35 AM, dark wrote:

Hi Tom.

I must admit I'm getting to be a bit of a gamebook nut.

You have the story and plot elements of interactive fiction, ---- often with puzles, but a sympler interface, and factors such as character stats which can be used to resolve combat, or reward the player.

Gamebooks of course alter a lot in quality, but generally they're deffinately fun.

On the same subject, I've actually just come across some other pdf gamebooks from the 80s, published in various game book related magazines.

i initially thought that like many old gamebooks on sites like home of the underdogs, these where streight image scans, ---- but it turns out they actually have text, which means they can be converted and played.

Hurrah!

I'm not sure of the quality, but there's one way to find out, go to http://outspaced.fightingfantasy.org/

Beware the Grue!

Dark.