Tom,

Just been googling more, been using this as an excuse to avoid doing
any real work so thanks hehe.  All I'm turning up is the various
solutions for running Windows on a mac, which is of course no use to
you.  Crossover games looked like it maybe had some potential, but
it's a comercial product and going on what I've heard about the rest
of the crossover products I doubt it's accessible.  The Wine and
Darwine projects might be worth reading up on, it's an open source
solution, you could maybe offer a download to a precompiled version
with any tweaks necessary to run your stuff to make it a little more
eligant and a little less hassle for the gamers.  If it's an easy
install for them, it's no different from having to have .net framework
or whatever.  DirectX support is there in both of these, some good
some bad reports, mostly the bad ones I just skimmed through seem to
be based around graphics performance.  Of course, people saying sound
support is ok is one thing, but most of the time the people saying
that aren't relying on good sound performance to play a game like we
do.  In any case, if you get a spare few mins, google for darwine
project and wine project and have a read... there might be something
usable for you.

Re your startrek game listing DirectX on the specs, I have a theory.
If my memory isn't failing (this happens, a lot lol) I seem to recall
Microsoft putting out DirectX support for OS9.  In the beginning of OS
X loads of popular stuff like this was either hurredly ported over or
tweaked to run in classic mode, I reckon that's why you're reading
what you're reading on that game box.  Classic mode is dead and buried
now as far as I know, along with the directX support as far as I can
tell.

hmmm, sorry I can't help more.  If crossover games wine or darwine
looks like it might move things along for you in any way though, give
me a shout if you want me to install and test a few existing titles on
the macbook.

Scott