Hi Thomas,
I am glad you commented on the serious part of my message.
I do think moving the mouse forward then over would mirror what your character is trying to do , Jump up and over a crevice. After some trial and error this would make jumping more intuitive with the mouse.
Phil

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2009 4:59 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] MOTA Mouse Support

Hi Phil,
Lol! In answer to your question yes it is possible to build in special
hand gestures to get certain reactions. Such as pushing your mouse
foward and right to jump right. While that eis easy enough to program
that could confuse some gamers who aren't use to the mouse or accidently
perform a jump when they wanted to walk right.
Smile.

Phil Vlasak wrote:
Hi Thomas,
In using a mouse would it be possible to make shapes signify key
combinations?
With left and right motion signifying walking, a quick upward movement
followed by a left or right movement could signify a jump.
A counter clockwise circle could signify holstering  your weapon,
while a clockwise circle would draw your weapon.
And a quick down and up motion could signify picking up an object.
Rolling the mouse off your mouse pad could signify ducking,
and throwing your mouse against the wall
could signify quitting the game.
smiles,
Phil