The trouble is, that to many people just assume that x person can use a
given thing. Anybodies knowledge of a given thing is as only as good as
the experience and training that they have had with it. There's tons of
stuff that I don't know about. And probably won't. that's just life. We
all have to learn and help those who need it.

I've found especially as I've written my own guides and manuals for
certain things, that a lot of manuals, and this is generic, not aimed at
anybody or anything, but they tend to assume that the end user will have
some knowledge of what ever it is they are trying to use. I had to learn
to go right back to scratch, and write the review and manual that I did,
from the perspective of someone who had never even herd of the product I
was writing about let alone used it.

Especially when it comes to computers, the fobias that people have is
because of attitudes like, oh you should know this or that. Which can be
expressed directly like as we've seen on this list, or in the writing of
the varius manuals for x product out there. And this really is half the
problem. Doesn't matter whethr you're blind or what ever. Any product is
only as good as the manual that comes with it. If the documentation
isn't written to a high standard, by that I mean to such a degree that
anybody can read and understand it within reason, then quite honestly,
people are going to pay money for x product and never gain the full
benefit from it. Which to be honest is a waste of an investment.