what I have done is
count the steps.
What I do, save game, count steps till I enter the fire.
restore the game, count the steps and then minus 1 step.
On the first pit.
walk till you hear the sound of the pit far away.
walk right so you are swimming again, swim left once.
walk 17 steps then jump.
walk 14 steps then jump.
find your statue.
going back is easier in some ways.
you need to be right in front of the statue though.
walk 6 steps to the right.
jump
walk 14 steps then jump.
I must say you need to count though.
Tom maybe in the next build could you start with your fists as a weapon, I just
wander if those would be usefull probably couldn't do much, but better than
nothing.