Hi Shaun,

First, I'll drop you a hint. How you are handling the fires is far more complicated than it needs to be. Think about the c command, and what does it do. How can it help you with this situation?

Second, as far as fists goes i've been thinking of it, but have rejected it for the time being. As i mentioned earlier I want the game to be challenging. I'm not going to pander to those gamers that want an easy game, with no challenge, and that can beat it in their sleep.

O.K. Maybe adding fists would come in handy. However, you are missing the point of why I reduced the ammo. I want gamers to try and avoid monsters, to figure out a strategy to escape, instead of killing every single monster they see as though they were Rambo or something.

HTH

shaun everiss wrote:
what I have done is
count the steps.
What I do, save game, count steps till I enter the fire.
restore the game, count the steps and then minus 1 step.
On the first pit.
walk till you hear the sound of the pit far away.
walk right so you are swimming again, swim left once.
walk 17 steps then jump.
walk 14 steps then jump.
find your statue.
going back is easier in some ways.
you need to be right in front of the statue though.
walk 6 steps to the right.
jump
walk 14 steps then jump.
I must say you need to count though.
Tom maybe in the next build could you start with your fists as a weapon, I just
wander if those would be usefull probably couldn't do much, but better than
nothing.