Hi Phil,
Interesting. I actually got my copies of Ryan and Heather for $15 each for a special promotional. I also got Lucy for less than $35 as well. Looks like I made out like a bandit. Lol! Yeah, my copies are locked to Text Aloud, but that isn't too bad really. I can still use them for converting audio books to audio, create voice files for games, which was primarily why I got them in the first place. I generally use Dectalk Access or Eloquence for day to day computer operations anyway.

Phil Vlasak wrote:
Hi,
You can buy Heather for $35 which works with only the next up software.
from the web site,
Acapela High Quality Text To Speech Voices are now available
for TextAloud.  Available in a variety of languages, these high quality
voices average under 200mb in disk space, are 22khz, and they Sound great.

NOTE: These voices are for use with TextAloud and other NextUp.com products only. If you need open, SAPI versions of these voices which will work with any TTS application, please purchase Acapela InfoVox at $190 for Language Group voices.
US Group Includes Ryan, Heather, Nelly, and Kenny.
UK Group Includes Lucy, Peter, and Heather.

http://www.nextup.com