Hi,
Yeah, but there is VB 2008. It is more object oriented than VB 6, but it still has the basic simplicity of Visual Basic in mind. Some things are the same such as writing a sub, if statement, while loop, etc. The major changes is in classes and of course instead of accessing the Win32 API directly you now use the .NET Framework instead.

Cheers!

Jim Kitchen wrote:
Hi Bill,

I'm sorry, but I can't help with the C questions. I have always programmed in Basic. And that is kind of a problem as well since Microsoft no longer sells Visual Basic 6, which is what all of my games are programmed in. However if you do get ahold of VB6, I did just put a simple sample guess the number game up on my site. I commented each line of code to show what it is doing and the code does have most elements that one would use for a game. You know like DirectX for playing and panning sounds, random numbers, sapi5 speech etc. The file name is guessvb.zip and it can be found on my free windows sapi5 text to speech games page.

I'm also always happy to help or share bits of code. I mean people have helped me out like that allot over the years. And who knows when you help others get started or with bits of code they may be the next great game creator.

BFN

    Jim

I like Visual Basic 6.0 because I can not C.

j...@kitchensinc.net
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA