----- Original Message -----
From: Thomas Ward
Sent: Saturday, December 26, 2009 7:15 PM

Hi Dark,
Actually, that is exactly one of the things  I intend on upgrading in
Mysteries of the Ancients once I complete converting the Genesis Engine
to C++. It stands to reason since harpies are flying enemies they should
attack from the air and swoop down or fire attacks from the air.
Therefore Angela Carter would have to aim up as well as left/right to
shoot them down. Wolves are somewhat lower to the ground so she might
have to aim slightly down in order to hit one. Centaurs and skeletons
could be hit more or less with the weapon level so they would be
targeted more or less the same way you always do. This adds more realism
and more interesting combat situations.
By and large I agree with what you are saying. We do need more complex
ways to dodge enemy attacks as well as more complex targeting and combat
situations. That's why in addition to converting the game to C++ I'm
also taking the opertunign to through in some extras along the way.