Again Josh, who! is going to do all this?

Changing the law is a long and complex pprocess, and as I said, is dmnably difficult when someone with big big money has a vested interest in the law being otherwise.

Then, "just get" ppeople toc ollaborate in that way on a game is, as Tom ward said, far easier said than done.

if you have the odd 500 k dollars floating around you might employ a bunch of developers for a couple of years who will work full time, get enough resources in terms of sound libraries, necessary third party developement components etc, and perhaps come up with a game of similar quality to sf 4 etc.

As for the modification of a console, ---- see the above mentioning of law, then apply the word license, ditto with publicity, ---- heck, i can't even raise the thousand pounds or so it'd take for me to go to the site village exhibition as a representative of audiogames.net

This is why I strongly suggest that people, instead of considdering audio games comapred to the mainstream console markit, considder the independently produced pc games which have been built with similar amounts of resources, time and man power.

yes, audio games are stil behind in this respect, but the gap is changing, ---- especially with games like time of conflict, rail racer and entombed, and establishing a core of highly playable pc games with replay, expantion and variety is I think a far more realistic aime than trying to beat sony or nintendo.

Beware the grue!