I like the GMA approach. I like your idea of making both types of the same game, and I'll bet that you will! be! selling! them. I already know that I will get the one game I have not already prepaid for, and hope others do the same.
---
In God we trust.
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2010 4:44 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Important MOTA News

Hi Charles,
Well, for one thing there will still be the view command. Obviously,
that will give you all of the infermation you need such as if it is
above you, below you, to the left, to the right, whatever. I'm also
considering doing what GMA does in Tank Commander where you cycle
through a list of available targets with something like the n key and
can use d to get the enemies direction and maybe control d for
distance. This is something we can test when it gos into beta testing.
A lot of this is  ideas on my part, but haven't been tested because I
simply haven't tried it before. I am as to new to this kind of audio
game as you are in some aspects.

I suppose I'll find out when the game comes out, but how will you be able to determine if an enemy is, say northwest or southeast of you but also 4 feet above or below you? Also, might a flying enemy rise or lower it's flight as
it attacks, making it harder to locate during flight?