Only way to convince sighted people... prove it to them over and over again. I'm in high school... grade 12 now, in my extra year, and I have a group of friends who can look past it pretty easily after 3 years of dealing with me. It's almost an everyday thing to hop online for a few matches of Street Fighter, and a few games in rock band. Unless homework gets in the way, of course. lol.