I hadn't actually heard the term blink until Che martin first used it, in fact I've never heard it used outside this community.

If some sighted people do use it, I wonder if it's more us specific?

This would also explain why muhammed hadn't heard it before either.

Btw, on the super powers issue, quite often it's not super powers so much as a different way of doing things.

I've had a lot of comments about my musical memory, sinse I only need to hear a tenor line two or three times in order to learn it, and some people have been really amazed by that, however I find the very idea of reading music alien.

Even though I understand what printed music looks like and understand the mechanics, bars, names of notes, intervals ornaments etc, I am not thinking any of those things whilst learning music, ---- I'm just synaesthesically perceiving (actually seeing and feeling), the notes, and reproducing them.

To me, the idea of translating a set of symbols on paper into music seems just as incredible as my ability to remember a complex tenor part at only a couple of repetitions often seems to other people.

Beware the grue!