Well, unfortunately, commands are the only way to get past that... as much as I enjoy audio books incessent chatter from the game I'm playing would drive me crazy.

At 12:19 AM 11/02/2011, you wrote:
Well, think about it like this: you don't press keys to look at things when you're sighted--they're just there. The few buttons you have to push, the better. (This coming from somebody that LOVES pushing buttons,) but you don't want to focus on what you're doing. It's the game that should have all your attention, not, "what's that command again?" One of the things I like about Mota is that there are already so few commands--very nice.
Ken Downey
President
DreamTechInteractive!
And,
Blind Comfort!
The pleasant way to experience massage!
It's the Caring
without the Staring!

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2011 2:18 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Converting Visual Content into Audio

HI Greg,

Yeah. I've already updated the beta 18 manual with a brief description
of most of the enemies in the game, but I'm trying to think of a good
way to make that process more interactive. Maybe press some key and
have it actually give you a brief but decent description of whatever
it is you are looking at. Any suggestions?

Cheers!