Hi Dark,

Smile. I figured that's what happened. When a developer specifically
says Managed DirectX most gamers naturally assume they are talking
about the DirectX libraries that ship with Windows. I.E. the core
DirectX libraries that most games generally use. For whatever reason
Microsoft never made it clear to the general public that they actually
have or had two different DirectX APIs available. So when a developer
such as myself lists you need Managed DirectX for STFC, Montezuma's
Revenge, etc people automatically assume they have it installed since
DirectX comes with Windows. When the game doesn't work USA Games gets
asked why it isn't working and they say I have DirectX 8, 9.0C,  etc,
.Net Framework x, etc and most of them don't have a clue that DirectX
and Managed DirectX are two totally different things. When I tell them
they have to grab the web installer and have it install the MDX
components I generally have to explain to them that Managed DirectX
and DirectX aren't the same thing. As a developer it just gets to be a
hastle repeatedly explaining the same thing over and over again to a
customer base, because they just don't know that DirectX and Managed
DirectX aren't the same thing.

Which brings me right back to why I'd like to get the original STFC
off my website in the first place. The Managed DirectX API is
deprecated, gone, ancient history, and to make matters worse there are
still people who haven't a clue what it is or was. You mention DirectX
or Managed DirectX they just assume you are talking about one and the
same thing. As a developer who does his own tech support I'd like to
be able to simply dispose of Managed DirectX, get it out of the
picture, and adopt something most people can recognize as A, different
from DirectX, or B, just use DirectX so people won't have to ffool
with installing extra components.

Cheers!