every time I check to get the redist, etc the last version was for 2010 at june some times.

Hi Shaun,

I'm not quite sure what you mean by DirectX 9 has come "to end of life
now." The current version of DirectX is still 9.0C. However,
individual components have been upgraded such as Direct3D is now
v11.0, DirectInput latest is 8.1, XAudio2 has replaced DirectSound,
etc but it is still all core DirectX 9 for C++ developers. For .Net
developers XNA Framework is a wrapper for DirectX 9.0C.. So DirectX 9
is definitely not dead, but is continuing to get updated quarterly.
What people call DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 is simply DirectX 9.0C with
Direct3D 10 or Direct3D 11. That's the only difference between 9.0C
and newer DirectX versions that ship with Vista and Windows 7.

HTH