To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2011 7:10 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Happy Star Wars Day

Well, as I've had to deal with that question a lot, and as I'm a
bonafide nerd, I think Shawn pointed it out pretty well.
However, Star Wars has a few more differences, and I don't mean tech
ones either, although there're a plenty of those.
Star Trek is more closely based on scientific discovery and
possibilities, whereas Star Wars is more based around principals of
action and adventure.
Literarily speaking, I'd say that Star Trek is more about a broader
universe and how it effects individuals whereas Star Wars takes the
other side, how individuals effect a broader universe.
Star Wars is a series of seven movies, one animated and the rest live
action, as well as an animated TV show, series of comics, and mass of
books. Honestly, this differs only somewhat from Star Trek: eleven
movies, none animated, five shows, although one series features
animated episodes in addition to the live-action ones, and Star Trek
also has a vast number of books associated with it. Both are rather
large phenomena, so looking them up couldn't hurt anyone who doesn't
know about them.

Hope this hasn't been too pedantic.

Signed:
Dakotah Rickard

Hmmm different universes and characters races, etc.
One major difference is the force startrek doesn't have that.
there are no borg or any startrek like races in starwars.
There is no earth in starwars its more generic.
I guess the empire could be what the dark mirror universe was.
So I guess you could say starwars was a semi mirror of startrek in
the mirror universe though quite loose a mirror at that because bar
that simularity its all different.