Hi Harmony,

In my baseball game the pitch of the ball sound depicts the speed and height of
the ball.  You know, below the knees, above the belt, or in between.  And the
panning of the ball sound depicts the ball traveling from the mound to and over
home plate.

In Homer on a Harley the panning of the crowd sound shows you how close you are
to either the left or right garde rail as you drive your Harley around the oval
track.  Then you must center Maggie's car horn to line up on the ramp to make
your jump.  It is the same thing in Mach 1 as you drive the different race
tracks.  How ever in Mach 1 there is a key that will report your left right
position on the track.  Guess that I could have done that for Homer on a Harley
as well.

In Pong the pitch of the ball sound depicts the speed of the ball.  The volume
of the ball sound depicts the ball moving away from and back at you.  The
panning of the sound depicts it's left right position, and you must move your
paddle to that same position to hit the ball.  The ball in Pong has always sped
up the more successful volleys.  Otherwise a single volley could last forever.

In Puppy 1 the pitch of the airplane engine sound and the wind sound depicts
whether the enemy is above or below you, and the panning depicts if the enemy
is to the left or right of you.  There is a key that will report the same thing.

In Spanker the entire thing of the game is to listen for if the person says
"Hi" in the left, right or middle and then to press the appropriate arrow key.
It is an adult version of a Bop It style game.

In Triple J Shooter the entire thing of the game is to move the breathing sound
to the same left right position of where the woman stopped walking and at the
same time move up and down adjusting the pitch of the breathing sound to the
same pitch position of what the woman did during her walk.

So I think, like you said, in some games the pitch or even a key to announce
the position can work, but in other games, maybe not so much.

BFN

    Jim

I've got a picture of a pitcher drinking from a pitcher.

j...@kitchensinc.net
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA