Hi Lori.

Those error reports are just part of windows. Before you give up on your xp machine, I'd actually try a registry fix as Tom suggests.

Personally, I'd recommend avg pc tuneup at http://www.avg.com/gb-en/avg-pctuneup

the bad news is, it's not free (though you can run the demo certainly to fix problems), however after running it and it's various utilities, I was so impressed I bought the software.

Actually it sped up my pc's performance no end, especially internet upload and download speed once I'd defragged the disk, cleaned the registry and delete junk files, pluss it's got some very nice other functions like backups, and a general harddrive fix.

Using Hal I've found it just as accessible as avg antivirus, indeed the interfaces for the two programs are very similar.

Beware the grue!