Hi Tom.

That does make more sense, and I do admit I didn't know about this centralized distribution business for different lynux systems. It's just that whenever I've seen a game (rocks and diamonds is just one example), running under lynux, it has similarlr complex instructions, hence my assumption.

However, I stil would find myself a litle worried if using lynux, sinse it seems from your description not only do you have to worry about whether a given game or piece of software will run on your os, but also for someone like me who's technical skills are average at best, even if there is a lynux distribution I'd be utterly sunk if nobody had compiled it for whatever brand of lynux I was using, sinse it's doubtful I could do this myself, and I don't really like the idea of being at the mercy of whether something is popular enough for someone to have compiled it yet, particularly when it comes to new versions, sinse I'd probably need to wait for someone to compile a new version of a piece of sofware I wanted for whatever lynux distribution I used, rather than just being able to grab it myself.

I'm sorry if this sounds negative, it's not intended to be, I'm just trying to considder the system in terms of bennifits for a reasonably average user.

Beware the grue!