Richard, I am completely behind you on this!  Well written, and I was
personally surprised when I started seeing the messages changing in Thomas'
favor on this.  Whether intentional, or not, the extra drama put into his last
post seems to have blinded people from what was really going on.  If Thomas was
being harassed off-list, by people expecting his games to be finished, then
that is very unfortunate, but also totally unrelated to any of what has just
happened between him and Che.

I think people are taking sides, because they aren't paying attention to what
the issue has been.  I'll give an example, that will hopefully illustrate the
point I am trying to make.  If my neighbor was a racist, and he was unjustly
hurtful to people, it would be wrong of me to stand by his side if one of those
people started to argue with him.  Even though he was never mean to me, I have
to look at the current situation, and admit that he Was! doing wrong to that
person, or group of people.  When people take Thomas' side on this, because he
was wrote helpful posts, because he worked on games they enjoy, or because he
is a nice person, then they are making this very same mistake.  This argument
is a result of how he speaks to other programmers, so if you are not one, you
can't use the fact that he was kind to you as defense for his actions.

Excuses have been made, that Thomas is simply misunderstood, but I doubt that
is the case most of the time.  Before I Ever! had any personal dealings with
Thomas, I read posts where he clearly put down other developers, and made
himself seem like their superior.  I had seen this done to other people, and
eventually I stepped in to defend someone who I felt was being treated
especially bad by Thomas.  I can't remember who it was now, but at the time
they were so fed up with his posts, that they were considering giving up
programming altogether.  By stepping in to the conversation, I became a target
myself, and I had Thomas criticizing how I do things.  He wouldn't stop posting
more, so eventually I told him off, and vowed never to argue with him about
programming languages again!

Since that time, I've seen him poke at a few other people, but as soon as the
castaways game started to get popular, there was Thomas, posting a huge put
down of my methods, for no reason whatsoever.  Many of you probably remember
it, as it was not posted long ago.  There was no reason to post anything about
programming languages, but Thomas decided to go off on a familiar rant,
presumably to point out that my game's success wasn't as deserving because it
was not done his way.  Several people openly posted about how inappropriate he
was with his negative comments.

Like it or not, Thomas seems to believe that he is better than many other
developers around here.  Instead of letting people do things their own way, he
insists on pressuring others do follow in his footsteps, and won't stop even if
you tell him you are happy with your own choice.

Please keep this in mind before you take sides.  Be fair, and remember that
even if someone wasn't bothering You! personally, it doesn't mean he/she wasn't
bothering other people in an unfair way.  Sorry if people don't agree with me,
but that is how I see it.