Hi Tom.

It strikes me a sort of story driven entombed with the odd update which it sounds like your making would be a slightly different type of project to an online game.

For instance, in a brouser game (even a mud), you play as one character and progress, and new stuff is added you go through as that character getting more powerful all the time.

in an offline game though, you can try through with different classes and types of characters, because you'll have more time in the game.

What yuour talking about sounds actually pretty close to the way the old eamon game works (especially if you have some sort of game creation affair for other people to use somewhere down the line, that would deffinately make me happy).

You would need to insure the game had a lot of replay value, eg, tactical combat for different characters, maybe class specific quests and items, some pretty good random generation on monster types and of course a very large map to explore.

If this was done though, such a game could be pretty good fun I think.

Certainly there are people who play gamebooks and such who may be interested in a project like that.

Beware the grue!