Right about the two jobs.
And If I know one thing about fantasy worlds, the magic you can use in entombed is child's play against a (fictional) legend like Merlin.
Thus I personally am not the biggest fan of the last two Harry Potter books.
I won't go into detail here, but if I had to deal with a dark lord who has split his soul, I would do either an exorcism ritual to force him out of this plane or if I was dark, I would use a soul destroying power... The fact that theoretically anything is possible within reason in a magical world is what frustrates me about the HP books in that way that there is much told "this is possible" in the world, but it is not shown (e.G. how you create your own spells, how you become an Animagus), or that it is said "something does not work or is impossible" without a reasonable explanation. And if one has seen or read the Lord of the Rings, should know what Elves really can do.
Thus it is not impossible to switch from them to the Drow( aka. Dark Elves).
And there is more vampire lore than just in the "original" Dracula story and book.