The computer doesn't send everything it has each time, so that is why you are
still suffering loses.  They will always keep a sizable force in their base,
and they send out the extras for raids, as they are made.

I think you are right.  Many people have had a very hard time with mission 3,
and I'm planning to adjust it to make it a bit easier.  It's a shame to change
it, when other people have been able to beat it, but I don't want to scare the
majority of the players away with this new mission.  Perhaps I can just start
the mission out with more resources.