hmmm I like the name.
On the ag forum you will see I have broadened the scope a little, obviously we would have to watch it going to far, but I aim to not have a situation where content just isn't there. One thing I did not mention anywahere is that if we get a good cast going,We should be able to get magnitune access, magnatune or how ever you spell it will give casters free access to buy their stuff for free, This should previde, at least for a while the music we could need.
However right now its a bunch of storyboards and stuff.
Lets not get to far.
Tonight I plan to wudge all my recordings I ever archived from oldest to now which is not that many, and shove them to dropbox. I will give a couple weeks to get those reviewed by those that wish to contribute and then we will see where we go from here. My plan is to have games as a primary focus and general tech as secondary, just in case we run out of stuff though to be honest I am only doing this from general projections as this is really early days. Right now there are at least 4 people I know that have an interest in this project.
There may be more tomorrow on the forum.
At this stage this interest is enough to post up samples, and continue the descussions on the fleshing out of ideas. If this all goes through, a sample cast needs to be done, for distribution over dropbox for a few people to look at it, then if that works out.
We will need to get some sort of structure going.
Firstly one or 2 mods, contributers, etc.
Next I will need a backup person if for whatever reason I can't work, may be a couple.
However, actual real documents can be drawn up later.
Its probably fair to say there will need to be some sort of private or public communication list for the day to day functions of the cast. Next depending on space, have a shared folder on the place the cast is on public or private ftp access or a dropbox folder.
Though due to size, we would only be able to work on one cast at once.
Then ofcause we will need some automatic and manual checkers to make sure copywrited stuff is not inadvertantly put online and if it is deliberately done notify the right people. In nz maybe others new laws mean that if you get it wrong, it could throw everything off.
Worst case, I get fined 15000 or so, and my net goes away for well who knows.
At this point we would have to well either stop the cast or find who did whatever and bann them.
Something I'd prefur we stop before it goes that far.
Obviously if its on a legal site and is downloadable we can use it as long as the owner of it and the site is credited.
In cases where we need to ask for permition we need to do that.
publically games soundtracks or anything with a free creative commans or gpl licence are excluded ofcause. I would probably want to avoid any comercial music, and limit things to instrumentals, though this last thing may not be necessary.
so as you can see there is a lot of if and what have you.
By looking at the time at least for today I doubt I will be able to finnish what I need to do, let alone put anything out tonight but we will see.