wow dave this is good.
I think that clears one thing off my list, we have enough for editers here.
It would help me a great deal though if people started By making their stuff as good as they can at the start.

That is if they can do it.
Ie their stuff didn't need that much work to produce.
I think dispite the level of interest being so low the comments from those that are really have inthusiasum on this thing that we may be ready to begin maybe. With this reguard we need to put out what is the best thing to do with sharing our content.
My first option is dropbox.
On the fly editing, etc.
The pros are we can get things on the fly and edit in realtime.
The cons, we could have people uploading off topic content.
One major advantage with the share is that once shared anyone with the dropbox account can onshare.
Ie I could give someone a shared folder, they accept it.
Now they can continue to give that share out to whoever they want, we would probably have to have a set of rules like most of the test folders round the place. Another way would be to have either password protected ftp access or public ftp for content.
Public means though people could upload offtopic things.
However it means that you don't get everything at once, however realtime is gone.
That brings up another point.
We really need some sort of mirroring system like coral distribution network or something or a bunch of users that can support either fully or partually the cast.
Servers go down and 2 or more mirrors are something that may have to go.
Depending on the space we have to fiddle with, we will have to have some sort of time frame where casts are left up and for someone or various people to check how much space we are using, etc.
Then the question arrises if we keep podcasts and work on the same server.
I know dave meller has 20gb total for our use persay, and that could be the work server.
Ofcause not everyone has an ftp client.
I have flash fxp and that can handle ftp and sftp but did cost me a bundle.

There is sendspace to but since links expire and the fact sendspace will overload at times it could slow things down some what.
Ideally the best system is dropbox for what we want.
We can have folders on the fly, ie a work folder for all work work.
Maybe a post production folder for done work, a crap folder for all the beta stuff maybe that is not done, etc etc.
and we can do that on the fly.
We would have to have a few people patrolling to make sure people don't delete important files, connflicted coppies excluded, etc, etc. We would have to also have a chat folder where text files with communication would be sent its probably the best.

There then  comes the question of communication.
For what we are doing right now it will work, but if we want to run any thing like skype or msn we will need some sort of way to have everyone that needs to be on at once and that could become a problem. My vote if we ever need this is to set a teamtalk server or have a channel in one. I know onj has a couple free servers and I can always ask for a perminant channel added to one of them if its ever needed maybe anyway.
Then we need to get what exactly the website will have.
My initual plan would be a blog with email posting, rss, and maybe a way to plug in to facebook and twitter for those that use that system since I don't. Then maybe a wiki for text articles though I guess we could have accounts with the right privs for those that wants to post info etc. I am still not sure if we should have our own forums, due to spam bots fouling the audiogames forum I am a bit hesitant. Due to klango forums being full of stuff, that and klango not playing youtube has pushed me away completely from that network else I'd bother with a group though people can still do that ofcause.