Hi,

Actually, doing it this way would probably be a lot better on over all
system performance simply because the game is accessing an existing
speech service. Sapi, for example, doesn't take up that much ram
unless you are using one of the higher quality voices like Ivona Amy,
Bryan, Kendra, etc but even then it is better than loading x number of
*.wav files into memory for speech output. It will both save on CPU
power and memory. I can't see how this would do anything but improve
matters for the better.

As for 64-bit that isn't really a big issue. Yes, some 32-bit Sapi
voices don't play well with 64-bit versions of Windows, but there are
other alternatives like switching over to your screen reader for
speech output instead. So regardless if you are using Vocalizer,
RealSpeak, Eloquence, Dectalk Access, whatever you can just tset that
up to be the default TTS engine instead via your screen reader.

Cheers!