Hi Charles,

Yes, of course. Its perfectly legal to use Eloquence if it came a part
of Jaws, Window-Eyes, etc through the screen reader's API because you
are still using the product the TTS engine was licensed for.

The problem with RealSpeak, Vocalizer, and Eloquence is they have
exclusive licenses that prevent their use with applications that are
not licensed to use that software. For instance, let's assume I wrote
an Eloquence driver and then bundled Eloquence with my game. That
would be illegal because I don't legally have a license to
redistribute Eloquence with my product nor licensed the TTS engine for
direct support. As I said Eloqunce has an exclusive license and
technically every application requires its own licensed copy of
Eloquence. The only way round that legally is to send text messages to
Jaws, Window-Eyes, etc and let the screen reader speak text rather
than use Eloquence directly.

HTH