+1 - there is room enough.

On a related note, what is the current status of HiveMind? the site is still blanked out in Commons. Could someone please update general as to the current situation re: HiveMind?

Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

I don't think that Avalon has any right to have a stranglehold on all
service frameworks.  I also must say that I hate the "come discuss this in
'our' house" approach to collaboration.   One size does not fit all and
Avalon has shown over the years that this is especially true for it.  I say
that Howard Lewis Ship is a skilled coder and community builder and if he
wants to give it a try with HiveMind, while the topic bores me personally,
I'll give him my support.  If he does want to collaborate with the
Avalonites (Avaloners?) then he should be encouraged to do so; however, if
his approach is different enough to warrant its own show then I encourage
him to do that as well.  I trust his judgment to that effect.

We have Struts, Turbine, and Avalon.  We have Velocity, JSP, XSLT, etc.  We
have commons digester and XMLBeans...  None are "preferred" and BTW Avalon
isn't even "preferred" as Tomcat, for instance, doesn't use it.

To suggest that there can be only one "true" service framework is misguided,
IMHO.

-Andy