On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 5:49 PM, Sven Neumann <s...@gimp.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 17:37 +0200, Alexia Death wrote:
>
> > And? If I save to a format it can be assumed that I know its
> > limitations. Being warned once about the information loss is good
> > enough.
>
> That is not what GIMP is doing. It tells you that it can't save to that
> format without modifying the image beforehand. And quite often it needs
> to ask you what to do because there are several possibilities.

But it does not modify the image I am working on, it converts the image into
a save result that I never see in gimp. Neither will I expect it to alter my
image If I initiate my action with export.

> If you knew about the limitations of the file format you are saving to,
> then you had converted the image beforehand and you wouldn't see the
> Export dialog at all.

Why would I convert it beforehand? Why would a user need to do a bunch of
actions that serve no purpose, are mostly 100% automatic and even hinder
when I want to follow the export action up with a native save?

--Alexia