Hi,

On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 18:03 +0200, Alexia Death wrote:

> Why would I convert it beforehand? Why would a user need to do a bunch
> of actions that serve no purpose, are mostly 100% automatic and even
> hinder when I want to follow the export action up with a native save?

Because they are not 100% automatic. There is user choice involved. If
there wasn't, we wouldn't have that dialog. The dialog basically tells
you that you forgot to do one or more important steps in your export
workflow. And it helps you to do them. It does so in the hope that next
time you will do them yourself.

I do almost always convert my image to the final state before saving it
to a format such as JPEG or PNG. I can hardly remember how the Export
dialog looks like because I never get to see it.