Olof S. Kylander ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
[Lots of good ideas snipped]

>   * Reconstruct the menu structure
>
>       Core gimp funcs
>
>               Image menu
>
>               <image>/image/-mode-----|
>                          |            RGB
>                          |            Grayscale
>                          |            Indexed

Add a separator here, since Compose and Decompose are no Modes...
Do we have a better name for the submenu to reflect this?

>                          |            Compose
>                          |            Decompose
[...]
>                       Transform--|
>                          |       Offset
>                          |       (Remove layer)
>                          |       Auto-crop
>                          |       Guillotine
>                          |       Image -- Rotate (270/90)
>                          |       Rotate (no layer option)

Definitely!

>                          |       Zealous Crop
>                       -------
>                       Resize      could be named Canvas size
>                       Scale Image could be named Image size

Canvas Size is perfect IMHO. Scale Image is better than Image size.

>                       Duplicate
>                       -------
>                       Histogram
>                       Save palette
>
>               Edit Menu
>               <image>/edit/---|
>                               Undo
>                               Redo
>                               Undo history (not happy with this one)

Me too. What about moving this one to the Dialog menu?

>                               ----
>                               Cut
>                               Copy
>                               Paste
>                               Paste into
>                               Paste as new
>                               Buffer----------|
>                               -----           Cut Named
>                               Clear           Copy Named
>                               Fill            Paste Named
>                               Stroke
>                               -----
>                               Copy Visible
>
>               Layer Menu (Image and dialog)
>               <image/dialog>--|
>                               Layers & Channels
>                               Stack--
>                               Layer--Rotate (270/90)
>                               Rotate (no image option)

Yeah.

>                               -----
>                               Same as before
>                               -----
>                               Semi-Flatten

Since this is a plugin: Is it possible for a Plugin to register in
the Layers&Channels Submenu?

>               Filter Menu
>               <image>Filter/--|
>                               Repeat last
>                               Re-show last
>                               Filter all layers
>                               ------------
>                               Animation (The same except Filter all ...)

[...]

>                               Toys (the same ;-)

This is *way* too obvious. What about
<image>->Filters->Misc->Stuff->Not useful->Just Toys->Really!->Dont try this
at home->You->have->been->warned->The egg   ? ;-)

>               File Menu Image
>               <image>/file
>               Remove Preference
>
>               File Menu Toolbox
>               <toolbox>/file/-|
>                               New
>                               Open
>                               ----
>                               Acquire (We have to tell SANE)
>                               ----
>                               Preferences
>                               ----
>                               Dialogs
>                               -----
>                               Doc Hist
>                               ----
>                               Quit

What about unifying those two menus? We do have the concept of an active
image, so why not use it?

BTW: We have to add an indicator, which display is currently active.
Another field in the status bar is IMHO a good start.

Bye,
        Simon
--
      [EMAIL PROTECTED]       http://www.home.unix-ag.org/simon/