> It's there already, on the offical GIMP for Windows site, right next to
> the latest GIMP for Windows installer, linked prominentely from
> www.gimp.org:  http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html
> What change exactly are you suggesting?

If I want GIMP I go to

The thing that is prominent there is

**Download GIMP 2.6.10 – Installer for Windows XP SP2 or later**

That is what I click on. Obvious and clear.

Except it is not clear. It does not say that this is a partial download - that
the help is missing. It does not say that the help is accessible by clicking
another link.

So the exact change I'd like to see is the addition of

**Download GIMP 2.6.10 help files – Installer for Windows XP SP2 or later**

I'm not stupid, but I did not realise that to do a complete GIMP installation I
needed to get off-site. There are plenty of people less competent than I -
really ;)

If you believe that in fact it is clear enough, then why is the absence of help
files apparently seen as a common problem for Windows users?

[late at night, and rather tired]

Gimp-docs mailing list