> @David:
> BTW, I think you did never mention: are you working on cloned copy of
> the git repository, i.e. on the source files?

I do have a cloned copy, and have submitted one minor change from it.

However the webpages at

are a quick mock-up using (rather imperfect) html/css. To do this from the
docbook source would mean moving to my Ubuntu machine and, in the absence of
instructions which I believe were once on the wiki, I'd expect to spend hours
getting the thing to generate html from docbook, and hours learning which
docbook tags are useful, and hours playing with gimp-doc style sheets. In other
words the technology is in the way.

The main problem I'm trying to solve can be illustrated thus:

The docs describe how to draw a straight line, *at least twice*. The second
author must have been unaware that it had already been done. Now, if an author
is unable to find what is in the contents, there is surely little hope for a
user. That's a problem, isn't it? ;)

My contention is that by restructuring the contents we could make the docs much
easier to use. So I've mocked that up for your comments.

Because it was easy, I've used a more visually compact page layout, which I
prefer - that's a secondary (independent) issue.

If there is interest in restructuring the contents, I'd try to find the time to
set things up. If not, I'd be better offering just minor changes from
hand-altered docbook source, for someone else to test / commit.

Gimp-docs mailing list