David (Thursday, 28. October 2010)
> On 27/10/2010 17:16, Ulf-D. Ehlert wrote:
> > My current glossary entry reads:

> Reads pretty well to me :)

Since there are no other comments (and no objections) I will push my
changes in the next days.

> So my hunch would be to put the 'mask' stuff in sections 7/8 too -
> it's not really a basic concept - it's a more advanced use of
> layers/selections.

Hmm, sounds reasonable to me...

> I have actually re-written some of the Basic Concepts - will share
> with you later - away for the weekend now. I've rewritten some of
> the selection mask stuff too.

Aah! :-)

> Another couple of ideas:
> In the Glossary it might help to link to the fuller descriptions?

If a detailed description exists: yes, of course. (It's just so easy
to forget it.)
> "Section 8: Combining Images" really needs to be renamed

Fine with me.

> (using layers is not the only way to combine images,

That's no problem, but there are no other ways described.

> and text has little to do with combining images).

Quite apart from "Font Problems"...

> I'd prefer it split -  "Section
> 8: Layers", and then a new section "Section 9: Text".

Again, sounds reasonable.

> Of course everything below then has to be renumbered

Numbering is done automatically by the DocBook stylesheets.

Verdient eine Menschheit, die Trilliarden Tiere
tötet, nicht eben das, was sie dem Tier antut?
                -- Karlheinz Deschner

Gimp-docs mailing list