Brendan wrote:
On Friday 29 September 2006 15:10, Geoffrey wrote:
I've also not heard anyone use the term gimp in the way you indicate in
a very long time.   And I don't believe that's because people are more
politically correct these days.  I think it's a term that just isn't
used in this way any longer.

I think you're blowing this way out of proportion.

Disagree. I just heard it used yesterday. It's a fairly common word. You NOT hearing it is not as important if others are hearing it. Granted, I think it's far too late to change the name for lots of reasons, but let's not try and talk ourselves into believing that it was a good name choice or that it doesn't have serious derogatory context to most English-speakers who graduated from the fifth grade.