i am a little unclear what the benefits of this exercise might be without
a brand or larger player backing it up. if we could hook up with someone
like learning tree (eg they can claim to deliver courses to "PCSE"
standards) this might be a big winner.

alex

ps i only mention learning tree because they're a company people know of
OUTSIDE the Perl community.

ps2 PCSE - Perl Certified Software Engineer? lack of imagination?

> I'd suggest that it is a reasonable working assumption that both
> NetThink, Iterative and other Perl Consultancies/Trainers want to
> make money. I'd also state the assumption that if proposed to the
> wider Perl community - Perl certification would go back into
> argument state, so I suggest (with Dave Cross' blessing), that we
> form the London.pm certification. NetThink and Iterative will
> sign up to teach to a given level of skills (or several levels).
>
> This process _has_ to be open and should have a deadline. If we
> can get something that helps london / south england and/or the UK
> then we can achieve something.
>
> I'd advise getting some non-trainers involved as well, perhaps
> Blackstar and other Perl businesses? (their hook will be that
> they become partners and get logo placement in whatever pseudo
> forum/organisation does this)
>
> I realise this action and the attitude may not be popular on
> the wider stage, but ho hum.
>
> Thoughts? If Simon (NetThink), Piers/Leon (Iterative), Dave Cross
> (with his london.pm hat on) and a couple of companies that use
> Perl say this is a good idea, i think we can do this.
>
> Greg

alex nunes | t 020 7603 5723 | f 020 7603 2504
director   | read the NEW story @ http://codix.net/
codix.net  | 107 shepherd's bush road, london w6 7lp