Since I'm currently a Windows user: I do curse it every now and then. I used
VMS and Solaris long time ago + MacOS a little at the same time; they also had
their things.

________________________________
From: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org> on behalf of Jean-Marc
Lasgouttes <lasgout...@lyx.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2018 4:58:52 PM
To: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
Subject: Re: The tortured release of 2.3.0 Windows binaries

Le 13/05/2018 à 14:16, Bernt Lie a écrit :
> 1: I agree, and I didn't say so. Essentially, my point is that
> developers can not do that without compromising its OS agnostics. For
> various reasons, I use Windows myself. And I have full respect for
> others making different choices. I don't think the LyX list should be
> used for negative description of OSes not used by oneself.

We are glad to have users on Windows, macOS and Linux/*BSD (maybe haiku
too but I am not so sure). The fact that most of us are linux users
makes things more complicated that it should be. I have actually no idea
of what is the repartition of users across OSes.

So you will not see the developers disparage other OSes than the one
they choose, except in case of intense frustration :)

JMarc