On Mon, 9 Sep 2013 07:22:39 -0700 (PDT) Curt Raymond
<curtlud...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Too right, but these days anybody with a phone and a computer (maybe
> even just their phone) can make most of that happen...
>
> I've been thinking about that movie a lot lately, surprised it hasn't
> been mentioned.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wag+the+dog

3. wag the dog

To start a war or military operation to divert negative politcal
attention away from yourself. Based on the movie of the same name, where
the President fabricates a fake war to take political pressure away from
a scandal. When Cater ordered Opertaion Eagle Claw he was playing wag the
dog, because he was a very unpopular and weak President and wanted to
seem like he handled it strongly.

It is suggested that Clinton wagged the dog by helping NATO bomb Kosovo
at the same time as the Lewinski scandal. This theory came about because
the film had just been released.