Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 00:08:7= -600
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Timeout Expired
On 2000-07-03 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
Here's an interesting point from some of the documentation, by
John Souvestre & Jim King (March 15, 1991) on setting up the
US Robotics Courier HST or Dual Standard modems (essentially
what I have):
"Some computers (particularly 4.77 MHz, 8088 machines) are not
fast enough to support 19200 or 38400 bps. If you have this
type of computer, you can use 9600 bps instead, but this will
not give you the HST's full speed."
This would imply that with my PC/XT, it wouldn't be possible to
run faster than 9600 with the USR Courier, even if I got it
running with it -- which wouldn't be any better than the ZOOM!
However, I've heard of XTs running at 14.4 kbps. Maybe so, but
I don't want to overwork this old classic, just in case. And I
wouldn't want to "downgrade" the usefulness of the USR Courier
for the sake of "authenticity"... ;-)
Jerry >>>> ZOOM 9600 bps V.42bis | IBM PC/XT & PC Color Display <<<<
>>>>> PC DOS 3.3 & WordStar 3.30p | 20 MB HDD & 360K FDD <<<<<
Net-Tamer V 1.11.2X - Registered
********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************