Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2000 10:34:43 -700
From: Walter Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Timeout Expired


Jerry:

     Thanks for confirming the existence of the Sportster 9600. I 
thought it might have existed but was not willing to walk out on a 
limb and say it did, or that I remembered USR to have made them, when 
I wasn't 100% sure. It's good you look at the modem strings for 
various modems listed in NETTAMER.DOC. I never did that. When I setup 
Net-Tamer's INIT string for my Sportster 14.4k modem, I consulted 
only the manual for the modem and the modem's online help facility. I 
suppose I would have resorted to NETTAMER.DOC if I had not 
successfully developed an INIT string of my own. I should have 
compared the two later. Here is what I have versus what is in 
NETTAMER.DOC.

David's: AT&B1&H1&R2&C1&D2&S1
Mine: ATZ^MATE0Q0V1S0=0&M5&K1X4M0

     David's inclusion of &R2, &S1, and &B1 is interesting. I'll have to 
add them and see what happens -- although I'm a bit puzzled as to why 
I'd benefit from setting RX to DTE/RTS high. Perhaps that's essential 
if &B is to be set to 1 and the modem is to be given exclusive control 
over DSR. But then I wonder why and/or if there is no software control
asserted over DSR.

                  Walter Scott

In Message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Jerry J. Haumberger 
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> had the following to say on Sun, 2 Jul 2000 
05:28:35 -0500:

JH> >I can't recall that USR made 9600 bps Sportsters. That doesn't
JH> >mean I think they didn't. ...
JH>
JH> I have one here, Walter, but I'm not using it (going to give it to
JH> someone else).  It's an external.
JH>
JH> And what's more, Dave Colston has an init. string for it in
JH> nettamer.doc.

<><> News & Views, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, are the Net <><>

NTReader v0.27b(O)/Beta (Registered) in conjunction with Net-Tamer.



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to