Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 03:08:45 -600
From: "Jerry J. Haumberger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Timeout Expired
On 2000-07-02 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
[Strings for the USR Sportster 9600]
>David's: AT&B1&H1&R2&C1&D2&S1
>Mine: ATZ^MATE0Q0V1S0=0&M5&K1X4M0
Thank you for offering your string; I'll forward that information
to the fellow who's going to get that modem, should he need it.
>David's inclusion of &R2, &S1, and &B1 is interesting. I'll have to
>add them and see what happens -- although I'm a bit puzzled as to
>why I'd benefit from setting RX to DTE/RTS high. Perhaps that's
>essential if &B is to be set to 1 and the modem is to be given
>exclusive control over DSR. But then I wonder why and/or if there
>is no software control asserted over DSR.
I was wondering the same about this Courier HST. It apparently has
dual standard support (B0 supports V.32 mode, CCITT answer sequence,
according to the information underneath the modem, while HST mode is
B1). There are lots of files at Simtel's DOS site dealing with USR
HST modems -- perhaps these will help me with this Courier... I'll
let you know later, if I find out something that works.
Jerry *** delighted with PC DOS and WordStar ***
Net-Tamer V 1.11.2 - Registered
********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************