Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 09:20:27 +0700
From: "Ronald C.Dailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Timeout Expired

On 2000-07-02 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
   >Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2000 12:14:02 -700
   >Jerry:
   >It seems as though addition of &B1, &R2, and &S1 DID improve
   >performance somewhat on my USR 14.4k Sportster. I see now that
   >Net-Tamer asserts little or no software control over DSR. CPS rates
   >for some downloads seem to indicate better thruput. And thusfar --
   >thusfar not being all that far at this point -- I'm receiving
   >certain files without corruption that I sometimes did receive with
   >corruption before. But, only time and circumstance will tell the
   >real story here.
   >Walter Scott

You've peaked my interest here.  Though I set my Zoom 2949L up according 
to recommendations in the Quick Start manual, I might just try an init 
string that contains some of these.  I don't know whether &B1 works on 
the Zoom, yet, because I haven't checked it.  Since the Zoom has a 
Lucent chipset, some of the commands are the same as those on my old 
AT&T Paradyne modem.  Unfortunately, &B1 isn't listed as a command for 
that modem, but I've just tried it and the modem accepts the command.  
I wish I knew what it actually does on this chipset <g>.  &K isn't used 
by Lucent, and I just confirmed that.  The &M command was used for 
setting "synchronous" operation on the Paradyne.  All this goes only to 
show that more often than not you can't set up one modem using using the 
init for another.

Ronald Dailey


-- 
RCD

Net-Tamer V 1.12.0 - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to