Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2000 12:14:02 -700
From: Walter Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Timeout Expired


Jerry:

      It seems as though addition of &B1, &R2, and &S1 DID improve 
performance somewhat on my USR 14.4k Sportster. I see now that 
Net-Tamer asserts little or no software control over DSR. CPS rates 
for some downloads seem to indicate better thruput. And thusfar -- 
thusfar not being all that far at this point -- I'm receiving certain 
files without corruption that I sometimes did receive with corruption 
before. But, only time and circumstance will tell the real story 
here.

                 Walter Scott

In Message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Walter Scott 
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> had the following to say on Sun, 2 Jul 
2000 12:59:23 -0500 regarding the comments of Jerry J. Haumberger 
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Sun, 2 Jul 2000 05:28:35 -0500:

WS> I consulted only the manual for the [USR Sportster 14.4k] modem and
WS> the modem's online help facility. I suppose I would have resorted to
WS> NETTAMER.DOC if I had not successfully developed an INIT string of my
WS> own. I should have compared the two later. Here is what I have versus
WS> what is in NETTAMER.DOC.
WS>
WS> David's: AT&B1&H1&R2&C1&D2&S1
WS> Mine: ATZ^MATE0Q0V1S0=0&M5&K1X4M0
WS>
WS> David's inclusion of &R2, &S1, and &B1 is interesting. I'll have to 
WS> add them and see what happens -- although I'm a bit puzzled as to why 
WS> I'd benefit from setting RX to DTE/RTS high. Perhaps that's essential 
WS> if &B is to be set to 1 and the modem is to be given exclusive control 
WS> over DSR. But then I wonder why and/or if there is no software control
WS> asserted over DSR.

<><> News & Views, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, are the Net <><>

NTReader v0.27b(O)/Beta (Registered) in conjunction with Net-Tamer.



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to