Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 09:20:14 +0700
From: "Ronald C.Dailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Timeout Expired
On 2000-07-02 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
>David's inclusion of &R2, &S1, and &B1 is interesting. I'll have to
>add them and see what happens -- although I'm a bit puzzled as to
>why I'd benefit from setting RX to DTE/RTS high. Perhaps that's
>essential if &B is to be set to 1 and the modem is to be given
>exclusive control over DSR. But then I wonder why and/or if there
>is no software control asserted over DSR.
>Walter Scott
When I started using the Zoom 2949L 56k modem with Net-Tamer, all I had
for setup was what was in the little "Quick Start" manual (all other
info was on CD and I had no CD). I saved the following to user 0
(AT&W): AT&F&C1&D2S11=55W2
All that did was recall and then store the factory defaults and save
settings that ensure that the modem will follow "standard" RS232
handling of CD and DTR, dial faster, and report the actual connect rate
(I have no idea why so many modems, except for USR, insist on reporting
the DTE rate by default). Then I used "ATZ" as my init in Net-Tamer.
It has worked fine for me.
With V.34 and up, most modems work fine with just the factory defaults,
except, perhaps, for needing &C1&D2. You don't actually have to get the
modem-to-modem rate reported in order for the modem to work and you
don't have to make the modem dial faster, either <g>. If a modem has
some special problem with the server, it may be necessary to alter the
standard settings. When I was first using the 2949L, I had to disable
K56Flex in order to get a V.90 connect. Later on, the ISP server code
was changed and everything worked using the standard settings for
protocol negotiation.
Ronald Dailey
--
RCD
Net-Tamer V 1.12.0 - Registered
********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************