Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 06:55:44 -0700
From: "Ronald C. Dailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: error 5



I have been following this Error 5 problem, and this morning (Fri  
02-22-02) I had an Error 5 after downloading a bunch of junk e-mail.  
Now, I have several user setups in Net-Tamer so that I can separate mail 
for my different e-mail addresses.  I sometimes go on line and then 
switch from one setup to another (Alt-N) to get the e-mail, and that is 
what I had done this morning.  After getting all the mail from the 
different boxes, I logged off in the setup where I had the most junk.  
When I went to read mail I got an Error 5 and Net-Tamer saying that the 
message directory didn't exist.  

I thought that was odd, but I didn't panic.  I just hit F10 and exited 
Net-Tamer.  Then I came back into Net-Tamer from DOS and everything was 
fine and dandy.  I suspect that Net-Tamer simply lost the memory 
variable that showed the path to the message directory for the setup I 
had switched to before logging off.  All the junk mail was there where 
it should be and just as good as it was when it was downloaded <g>.

This does not seem to be the same thing as Karen's problem, which 
apparently relates to a bad header on one message in a large message 
file (c. 2MB).  However, it tells me that we should note that Uncle Dave 
used the word "usually" when describing what Error 5 means.  That's the 
operative word:  usually.  

Ronald Dailey

On 2002-02-22 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
   >Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 02:41:43 +0500
   >Karen, if you're getting error 5's those should happen consistently
   >all across nettamer unless in the particular problem setup, your
   >computer is doing dynamic modification of memory resources and does
   >not do this in other setups that you run.  Another question is your
   >sound card working consistently?  You could change yopur mail setup
   >so it plays no music or sound and see if this problem goes away.
   >If that's the case, you could have a sound card conflict that needs
   >resolution.
   >Jude <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   >Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered
   >********************************************************
   >To unsubscribe from this list,
   >send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
   >Unsubscribe
   >as the subject.
   >You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
   >********************************************************

-- 
RCD

Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to