On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 12:26 AM, Roopesh P Raj <roopesh.p...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Freedom Park in Bangalore for instance in Kannada is "Swatantra Udyan" not
> "Mukta Udyan", so Free Software intuitively should be Swatantra Software.
> Why so allergic to such a beautiful word "Swatantra"?
>
>  Freedom Park means "Swatantra Udyanavana" not "Mukta Udyanavana"

i think you have not read the previous mails .

again , this is what the context that we all were talking about. i do not
have any objection for the above translation. but in what context that we
were translating is important .

if we wanted to say that that park was once jail. and now it is called
freedom park. then i also would see in this way ..that place was a place
once which was giving freedom also ( that is after few years of punishment,
they will be released ) is jail was a place to convert a criminal and make
them a good person then an article about the jail and its purpose will have
words "mukta" more than "swatantra"

so what is the context that we talk was important isn't it?
( correct me if it is wrong )

also i still feel "Mukta Udyanavana" is correct in the context that that
place which was jail once was making a criminal "mukta " from all his
punishments / prblems / mistakes etc

it is not about allergic -- i think you are not having an open mind to
discuss, we are not here to see the allergies of some one -- we are here to
discuss and learn and correct oursel.f if some thing is wrong -- if you feel
you are a responsible person of this list kindly correct some bodies
mistakes.