Hi Chuck,

I do have one question though out of curiosity ... what dimensions (particularly the radius) did you use to generate the skydome? I see that you use the radius to determine the far plane value, but didn't know what you used. I'm assuming that it has to be great enough to still be viewed as being far field.

I just realized I didn't give you actual information, just how we get the values... The radius turns out to be around 5000m most of the time. In our simulators, most of the time the user will stay in an area about 100mx100m in the center of the scene, so this works well. I think if we were to make a flight sim where the user can travel large distances this wouldn't work and we'd need to do it differently.

Hope this helps,

J-S
            • ... Chris 'Xenon' Hanson
            • ... David Spilling
            • ... Jean-Sébastien Guay
            • ... David Spilling
            • ... Jean-Sébastien Guay
            • ... Jean-Sébastien Guay
            • ... Jean-Sébastien Guay
            • ... Jean-Sébastien Guay
            • ... Cole, Charles E. (LARC-B702)[RAYTHEON TECHNICAL SERVICES COMPANY]
            • ... Jean-Sébastien Guay
            • ... Jean-Sébastien Guay
            • ... Cole, Charles E. (LARC-B702)[RAYTHEON TECHNICAL SERVICES COMPANY]
            • ... Jean-Sébastien Guay
            • ... Jean-Sébastien Guay
          • ... David Spilling
            • ... Paul Martz