Edwina, List:

1ns as quality has nothing whatsoever to do with subjectivity or
non-measurability.  It pertains to characters such as color (e.g., redness)
and shape (e.g., roundness) that are real possibilities in themselves, but
only exist where embodied.

In the passages that I have referenced--most notably, NEM 4:292-300 and EP
2:303-304 (both 1904)--Peirce described Form as quality in this sense,
Matter as individual reaction/existence, and Entelechy as that which brings
them together.  They clearly correspond to 1ns, 2ns, and 3ns, respectively.

Again, as Gary F. pointed out, Aristotelian Matter is more of a logical
term than a physical term.  Associating it with the modern notion of energy
is just as misleading as associating it with the modern notion of
matter/mass.

Regards,

Jon S.